AN ECLECTIC AND DAZZLING PROGRAM
TO CELEBRATE FESTIVAL MODE & DESIGN'S 15TH ANNIVERSARY
Montreal, July 2015 (Photos by Eva Fydrych / Fashion Studio Magazine)
MONTREAL, QUEBEC - From August 17 to 22, Festival Mode & Design (FMD) is going all out to celebrate its 15th anniversary! This special edition will surely entertain with its share of colour, creativity and discoveries. Located for the second year in the heart of the Quartier des Spectacles, FMD, which celebrates and brings together every aspect of fashion and design, is opening up to the world more than ever, welcoming renown guests from Quebec, the U.S. and Europe.
The audacious FMD has a mission to entertain and help visitors discover the creative worlds of fashion and design. Everyone is invited to attend, free of charge, open-air shows at the Quartier des Spectacles. The most important event of its kind in America, FMD manages to bring together each year all players in the sector: 500,000 festival-goers, over ten major brands and close to 75 artists and designers, in addition to fashion schools, distributors and influencers. The event is unique in showcasing a large proportion of local talent.
The impressive 2015 line-up includes nine segments, each of which has many themes.
This year, the theme of celebration, sharing and diversity will be surrounding FMD's main segment.
The Festival will showcase the talent and creativity of major brands from Quebec and abroad, focusing on fashion shows featuring the public’s favourite retailers, which are central to FMD. Year after year, the big brands always dazzle, charm and entertain:
· Dynamite, La Vie en Rose, Alton Gray, Forever 21, Le Château, Guess, Ardène, Antoine Laoun, Place Ville Marie, Essilor
Outdoor fashion shows by local designers will also be presented to the general public:
· Montréal Créatif: local fashion, presented by the Montreal Fashion Bureau with Fashion Preview, Ethik BGC and Fibres Collectives, which will feature inspiring creations by over 25 designers.
· The daring MDM (Mode Musique Design) series will transport us each night into the creative world of an emerging designer. WRKDEPT, Atelier Wonder, Joncas and Lafaille will present their designs to live music presented bySaintwoods and video design by MASSIVart.
· INSTA-GLAM by Jason: Curated by artistic director and designer Jason Noël, this runway show will introduce some of Montréal's best men's fashion designers.
Backstage at Atelier Wonder show (Photo courtesy of Mercedes-Benz Start Up)
The Special FMD Events will feature two large-scale fashion shows, specifically created by Groupe Sensation Mode in an eclectic and cosmopolitan style:
· Génération Z: a fully immersive fashion event, presented by LaSalle College. The show invites all Gen Zers to gather and celebrate at a happening inspired by the creative worlds of this emerging and exciting generation.
· Numéro 15: this big party, the closing event at FMD, will be a nod to the 15 years of the Festival. A concept event that will offer a fusion of styles, cultures, fashion and technology embodying a world of communication without borders!
The next generation is forever central to FMD:
· The Cegep Marie Victorin Fashion School will present the collection by the graduates of 2015.
· Expose by Télio: to be shown over three nights, some of the finalists from this celebrated national fashion design competition will present pieces from their latest collections.
· Designer Tricia Crivellaro will present a show on the M.A.D. Stage
· Challenge 12: every day, emerging designers and stylists take on the challenge of creating a piece of wearable art, an original idea from IMPAIR, in collaboration with Télio.
Back by popular demand, FMD will present four fashion shows developed by your favourite bloggers:
· Hey Dahye, Le Cahier, The Montreal Fashion Society and Fashion is Everywhere.
True to its roots, FMD celebrates diversity in all its many forms, this time with:
· COOLKOALA, DYDH, Kitch’n Swell and Collectif Verge.
· The Sein(s) photo exhibit will link fashion in a positive way to women touched by breast cancer with illustrations by cartoonist Lili Sohn.
***Click here to see the full program***